Thursday, June 23, 2011

biopsy dates

On Tuesday Joseph will be admitted to Starship Children's Hospital in Auckland again. This time the biopsy is definite, not a possibility. His liver is not functioning properly and while currently it is not severe, all structural and infectious causes have been eliminated, as have many others. There is a slow and slight worsening of his liver function and it is no longer advisable to simply "wait and see".

The biopsy will be performed around 11am on Wednesday morning (if you're in the States, that's Tuesday evening, around dinner time). If all goes well and Joseph recovers well, we should be discharged some time the next day. It will be at least a week before we hear any results.

We're praying for no complications during the procedure, for peaceful hearts as we wait and for total trust in Jesus as we receive a diagnosis.


  1. Kelly, you guys are in my thoughts. I hope all goes well and Joseph handles it like the little tough guy he seems to be!

  2. All our love & prayers from Alaska -- as in today's Gospel, as you feel "swamped by the waves" may our Lord's presence bring you "great calm" during & after Joseph's biopsy. We love you! The Loparos~