Thursday, June 16, 2011
the naughty little liver
Just a bit of an update on Joseph....his bilirubin count/jaundice are very slowly (but steadily) improving, however his overall liver function is not - so it seems that the biopsy is inevitable now after all. We had a number of tests this morning to double-check that nothing has been missed. If all comes back clear then Joseph will be returning to Auckland in a week or two for that biopsy. Now that we are a few weeks older and wiser, we've decided not to drag the girls through it this time. I'll go up for the night or two that the procedure requires and Richard will hold down the fort here. The biopsy seems to be the last resort for discovering a cause or reaching a specific diagnosis. The docs are looking now for infections and rare genetic disorders... in the case of the latter, it is possible that Maria, Bernadette and/or any future siblings may also eventually need some sort of testing. It's been a real yo-yo experience with Joseph. We ask for ongoing prayers for the little man.